Thursday 4 January 2018

Grief

Grief

The pain I held deep in my breast,
I expected to be laid to rest
By the news my mother had died
Instead it did not understand
But kept banging like a brass band
Even when I eventually cried.

I was conscious of her dying a long time ago
When she didn't know me even though
I was the same every time I saw her.
On top of that there's the fear
That some day quite near
I will follow in that lonely chair.

All other grief comes to mind
Of those who've left me behind
My father went without a word
I never got to hold Joe's hand
And I wasn't there when mum left this land
Will I ever lose this pain?
Is there light for me to come?
Or is the pain my lot and sum
Yes I know it will go away
And the sun will return another day
But for now I just want peace.

by helenconnell2

No comments:

Post a Comment