Wednesday 31 January 2018

Box Of Love​

Box Of Love​

This is a very special gift    
that you can never view.
The reason it’s so special is    
it’s just from us to you.   

Whenever you are lonely,
or feel a little blue,
You only have to hold this gift
and know we think of you.

You should never unwrap it.
Please leave the ribbon tied.
Hold the box close to your heart,
It’s filled with LOVE inside!




Boxes Of Love by Sandy Brandvold

The poem originated on a box given to my Mother-in-Law, in Oregon, when my Father-in-Law died (at 56).  Alice kept it on her dresser until she died at 70...so, it obviously meant something to her.  I never did learn which friend gave it to her as it was done anonymously.  When I helped the family pack up her things, I asked if I could have the Box of Love.  Twenty years later, I rekindled the power of those words and the gesture of love, by giving them to girlfriends I had made in Sedona.  The idea of recreating them for Operation Special Delivery came from those friends!!!  I'm so pleased that the love will be spread again.  Just think, if the new recipients keep them, and their children see them...someday it may go round again with a whole new generation!

​Find out more about the kind ladies of sedonakind.org over at their website, perhaps send a few boxes of love yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment