Saturday 16 December 2017

A Dream of Calm




Words swirl round me in a dream,
all not envisioned in written form.

More like a feeling, a sensation,
an awareness of comfort.

Within soft,
blissful melodies becoming as mist,
floating into the clouds.

Winging their way among the heavens,

now eternal.


KJW 1-18-16



This poem was inspired by some lines in one of Mindy's poems, 'Barefoot On A Heart-Shaped Path', which she posted here (at Kindspring) on 1-4-16.
The last lines of her poem read 'blunt edges gone, tumbling to calmness, resting in the palm of God'.
They came to me one night in a dream and continued to stay with me until I could form them into a poem of my own.


The watercolor of the sky was part of a study I was doing on skies while taking a class. I painted it many years ago, but thought it went with my poem.


(Yes, it truly does, Kate - Patrick)

No comments:

Post a Comment